Wednesday, August 18

Falling Swift - I try my hand a depressing poetry...no I am not depressed....

Falling swiftly through the floor,
My poor body can’t take much more.
Burning sorrow, blunted knife,
All I want is to take this life.
Boundless hate and driving pain,
Forces tears to fall like rain.
Calling out, they can’t hear,
Anxious words tinged with fear.
Desperate times call for desperate measures,
All because those of a feather, flock together.

Burning bitter words I speak,
Trying madly to suppress this heat.
Lines of anger, spiels of rage,
Falling swiftly I build this cage,
And lock away all rational emotions.
Trapped inside, I can’t see out,
Or feel your arms reaching out to help.
Patiently waiting for me to see,
That maybe, just maybe,
You care deeply for me.

I should count my blessings, I really should.
Rather than misunderstanding,
And being misunderstood.
Be thankful for you, your love and support,
Ignore all others who try and thwart,
My reason for living a fruitful life.

- Hannah Dearlove

4 comments:

transit said...

hello! how are you?
do you like Chinese food?

Anonymous said...

Hey there! Remember me?
It's ok to say no.
This poem is pretty cool, but one thing, and i'm not sure whether I really can say it, is your rhythm. Rhythm is very important to poetry, and this poem, while not entirely lacking, has several issues with rhythm. It causes some tongue twisting moments. Other than that, I like it! I look forward to anymore recent posts, and if I get around to it I may browse through your older posts.
...If you still don't remember me, search me on facebook.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I do happen to like poetry. also recently started a blog. Feel free to visit and abuse :D
http://www.acorduroyjacket.blogspot.com/

Hannah-Marie Dearlove said...

Yeah - I remeber you....vaugely. You're one of the twins I met at Faith Fest after frying myself on the fence......

I'm more of a short story writer than a poet. I have issues with rythm - as you have pointed out.